Ohio Genealogical Society’s members, who are in good standings and have been a member for at least one year, are permitted to run for a position on the OGS board as a trustee. Six positions will be filled by ballots in 2015.
The duties of a trustee are:
- Honor the fiscal responsibilities as outlined in sections 7.1 and 7.2 of the By-Laws.
- Serve as a liaison between the Chapters, the membership and the Board.
- Encourage membership in The Society.
- Encourage and assist in the growth of Chapters.
- If assigned to a district or out-of-state chapter, maintain written and personal contact with Chapters, working toward the following objectives:
- Staying informed on changes in Chapter By-laws and Constitutions.
- Working with Chapters to find solutions to internal problems.
- Collecting information from Chapters for inclusion in Board reports or OGS projects.
- Encouraging Chapter understanding and use of the benefits of OGS affiliation.
- Encouraging Chapter attendance at all OGS sponsored activities.
- Encouraging Chapters to exchange information.
- Submit (electronically) a written summary of activities to the Secretary for inclusion in the Board packet.
- Attend regularly scheduled Board meetings, express viewpoints and vote on issues brought to The Board.
Eighteen trustees serve on the OGS board for a three-year term. One-third of the trustees are elected each year. To receive an application form, please contact the Nominations and Elections Committee, email@example.com. All forms must be received by October 1, 2014. Please include a digital photograph with your application.
29 Jun 2014