The Ohio Genealogy Society Speakers Bureau
|HODGES, Shirley J.
14850 23 Mile Rd.
Albion, Mi. 49224-9508
|T Anytime but Jan. or Feb, Weekends Preferred
F Transportation, Lodging, food, Honorarium
Shirley is a native of Michigan, and has been actively doing genealogical research since 1967. She has taught genealogy classes in Community Education Programs a various high school in Michigan. She has also been a guest lecturer for several Michigan State University Programs. Shirley is frequent speaker at many societies in Michigan. She has also been a speaker at the Great Lakes Conference in Ft. Wayne In: THe Ontario Genealogical Society seminars in 1995, 1996, and 1998. and OGS Annual Conference in 1997. 1889, and 1999. Shirley in the Co-founder of the Hodges Family Association and serves as the editor of the Hodges Family Association Newsletter.
- Census Records
- Church Records
- Ethnic Migration to Michigan
- Family Skeletons
- Genealogy and Genetics.
- Little Known Facts about the Census.
- Genealogy Tips and Tidbits.
- Making the most of Genealogical Research Trip.
- Research Facilities n the Mid-Michigan Area.
- Researching You Ohio Ancestors.
- The importance of Women in the Civil War.
- Tiptoeing Through the Tombstones - a Lecture and slide show
- Using Vital Records to Their Full Advantage.
- What' in a Nome?
- Whither Thou Guest: Tracing Your Female Ancestors
All topics require an overhead projector with the exception of No. 12 which requires a slide projector.