OGS 2015 Conference Compensation
Ohio Genealogical Society 2015 Conference speakers will receive:
- $100 per one-hour lecture honorarium, plus $50 bonus per syllabus provided that camera-ready syllabus material meets stated format and is submitted on or before the deadline of February 1, 2015.
- $200 per two-hour workshop honorarium, plus $100 bonus per syllabus provided that camera-ready syllabus material meets stated format and is submitted on or before the deadline of February 1, 2015.
- Complimentary conference registration and electronic syllabus.
- $500 toward reimbursement of airfare, or mileage calculated by MapQuest and reimbursed at current IRS mileage rates (to maximum of $500). Reimbursement will be made upon receipt of documentation of airfare purchase.
- One night of single hotel accommodations (room + tax) at the conference hotel for each day the speaker is scheduled, plus one additional night for travel if two or more presentations are given. Local speakers living less than 50 miles from downtown Columbus do not receive hotel rooms unless three or more presentations are given.
- Per Diem of $30 for each day a presentation is scheduled.
Lecture or luncheon speakers who are sponsored by an organization will receive a complimentary one-day registration for the day of their sponsored presentation and an electronic syllabus. They receive no other compensation from OGS, although they may receive compensation from the sponsoring organization.
- Each speaker is responsible for providing his or her own LCD projector and laptop.
- Speakers and sponsored speakers must agree to meet the stated syllabus deadline.
- Syllabus format guidelines and additional terms will be provided in the speakerís acceptance letter and contract.