What You Need to Discover Your Family History…More Information…More Help
The Samuel D. Isaly Library is Ohio’s top repository for Ohio genealogical information. Members have access to the information they need to answer questions, open new avenues of research, and illuminate the past.
Our collections include:
- 70,000 volumes alphabetically arranged by state/county/subject
- Nearly all Ohio published local history and genealogical resources
- Original 1880 census ledger books from all 88 counties in Ohio
- 250,000 ancestor cards filed by surname
- 4,000 Bible records, indexed
- Large Military Records Collection
- City and county directories for Ohio
- Ohio yearbook collection for high schools and colleges with over 20,000 volumes
- Over 5,000 lineage society applications — First Families of Ohio, Settlers & Builders of Ohio, Century Families of Ohio, The Society of Civil War Families of Ohio, and the Society of Families of the Old Northwest Territory
- Environmentally controlled archives filled with manuscript materials
- Collection of original and reprint Ohio county land plat atlases
- Online searchable library catalog
- Over 5,000 family histories
- Obituaries, Family Group Sheets, Ancestor Charts & More!
Explore ancestors that you have discovered through your DNA testing. Find the connections not found anywhere else. Bring your family history to life.
We have a staff of knowledgeable volunteers ready to help you find your past. Our computer lab has access to the major genealogical websites. We have state of the art microfilm readers that allow you to download images to your personal flash drive.
The Samuel D. Isaly Library of the Ohio Genealogical Society is open Tuesday through Saturday, except for holidays, free of charge to OGS members. Non-member visitors may utilize all materials in the library by paying a $5.00 per day fee. Ample parking is available. All public areas of the building are handicapped accessible. The building is State of the art wi-fi accessible with a computer lab of 15 computers.
Download Our Brochures:
Samuel D. Isaly Library Brochure