Sunrise in Ohio on November 16th
It is my understanding that on Monday, November 16th, at 7:18 AM, we will see a spectacular sunrise here in Ohio. Might I encourage you all to set your alarms for a few minutes before this wondrous event and get on your computer, go to this site, and be ready at 7:00 AM.
Each year, non-profit organizations around the United States participate in a program called “Giving Tuesday”. The one that includes the Ohio Genealogical Society is sponsored by the Richland County Foundation. The kickoff for the event is Monday, November 16th, and it comes to fruition on the designated day of giving, Tuesday, December 1st. The Foundation provides matches to the organizations that secure the largest donation figures as well as several prizes drawn at random. We got a $500 match last year simply by having our name drawn from the hat during the closing event (which will be virtual this year). The easiest match to get, and one that we have failed at the past two years, is to be among the first fifteen (15) non-profits in the county to raise $1,000. The Richland County Foundation provides a straight 1:1 match, or $1,000, to those first fifteen.
The catch is that the gifts through our organization’s link above must be made at the kickoff, that is, 7:00 AM on Monday, November 16th. We need as many prospective donors as possible to wake up early that day and make an online contribution in any amount at 7:00 AM or as soon after that as possible. If we are among the first fifteen to get to $1,000, we get the $1,000 match. It’s that simple.
Of course, the whole point of the project is to support our nation’s charities during this COVID period, and we will accept gifts all the way through 7:00 PM on December 1st and appreciate them just the same. But we really want those early bird donors to start us off right this year!
If you do miss out on the early giving, there will be several matches made as well on Giving Tuesday, December 1st, as follows:
On December 1, 2020 between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Ten) Golden Tickets awarded $5,000
time and criteria:
• From 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. with two winners pulled at 8 a.m.; one ticket to the small nonprofit that raised the most money during the hour and one ticket to the large nonprofit that raised the most money
• From 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. with 1 winner pulled at 10 a.m. for the most donors during the hour
• From 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. with 1 winner pulled at 12 p.m. to the Non-Profit Organization (NPO) that had the most donors
• From 1 to 2 p.m. with 1 winner pulled at 2 p.m.to the NPO that raised the most money
• From 2 to 3 p.m. with 1 winner pulled at 3 p.m. to the NPO that raised the most money
• From 3 to 4 p.m. with 1 winner pulled at 4 p.m. to the NPO that raised the most money
• From 4 to 5 p.m. with 1 winner pulled at 5 p.m. two winners announced: one small nonprofit with most donors and one large nonprofit with the most donors.
• From 5 to 6 p.m. with 1 winner pulled at 6 p.m. to the NPO that raised the most money
December 1st is complicated! We would rather see you bright and early at 7:00 AM on Monday, November 16th. Let’s try to get that initial $1,000 match. What a sunrise it will be 18 minutes later here in Ohio and around the world for non-profits! A big thanks goes out to you!
WHEN: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH – 7:00 AM